Wednesday Nov. 2 2005
1. BA English Tulane University; Masters – West Georgia College; Doctorate Georgia State
2. MA Psychology; PhD Counseling
3. Friend referred him in 1995
4. Taught at Ga. State in the masters program for counseling; taught intro. To counseling, counseling theory, advanced
counseling theory, group theory, therapy skills, stress management
5. Undergraduate abnormal psych, careers, substance abuse
6. 30 - 1; usually 20-30 kids in a class
7. Not much change; new class is being offered next semester he's excited about
8. Interested if was their major and also enthusiastic
9. Mostly female
10. Shifts in the staff b/c of retirement and new hires; 4-5 have retired; 4 new hires
11. Undergraduate Abnormal; Graduate group therapy and psychotherapy skills
12. abnormal, substance abuse, humanistic & transpersonal, history & systems; Graduate courses all that are therapy
13. There is probably a relationship, not so sure about a correlation hasn't done the numbers!
14. Published textbook chapters ethics of touch, dramatic methods of therapy; working with Dr. Nielsen on relationship
b/w relationship attitudes and homosexuality; Biggest project ever was a dissertation developing a psychological test, took
him 10 years to finish! and a meta-analysis in stress management in interventions
15. Yes but currently only sees a very small number of patients, did it full time for 7-8 years before teaching at GSU,
general clinical work with adults
16. Psychology doctorate program (PsyD); Psychology clinic on campus providing low cost treatment for individuals w/in
the community, and for doctorate students to be trained; also the Regents Center for Learning Disorders to come under the
direction of the psych. Dept. and have grad. Students get experience in different areas of testing.
17. Yes forsees a steady growth
18. He would teach the program! Its his baby worked very hard with others to get it up and running and planned thoroughly.
19. Best teaching and working with students, its why he came back to academia; Worst too much time with beurocratic trivia
20. Have more time in general, play music, read and travel
21. The more you know what exactly you want to do the better you can use the information you have gained along the way!